If your company is hosting a trade show or other event, many people assume that you will primarily use the internet to promote it.
While this may be true for larger events and conferences, not everyone knows that you can actually use your blog as part of your strategy to boost attendance at smaller events such as trade shows and seminars.
We recently wrote about how to use social media to promote an event , but in today's article, we're going to focus on leveraging your blog for trade show success.
Here are 7 helpful tips, which you can use to promote your next event through your blog.
1. The first step is to create a separate page for your trade show and events on your blog (instead of including it as an article). This makes it easier for readers and search engines to find information about upcoming events.
If it's not an option for you to create a separate page on your blog, then be sure that the information about upcoming events is accessible via another means.
2. You want to give potential attendees all of the details they need to know in order to attend your show or event, so make sure that you include some general information about it on your event page.
This includes the date(s) of your show , location information, and points of contact . If you're hosting a seminar or webinar, you should also include the exact time and date (and any necessary registration information).
3. Next, you need to let people know that they can expect more than just seminars or presentations at your trade show or event.
Make sure to include a list of the products and/or services which will be on display at your show as well as any demonstrations you will have set up for attendees.
4. In order for readers to share your upcoming trade show or event with their own network, you should also make sure that they can easily find a link to your event page on your blog.
This can be done by including a prominent 'share' button on your event page, as well as embedding a Twitter widget which will automatically tweet about your show.
5. If you're looking to create even more buzz around your upcoming trade show or event, you may want to consider writing a post about it ahead of time.
This pre-event blog post should be geared towards your target market, and should contain compelling reasons why they need to attend the show. If you want, you can also include a promotional offer to sweeten the deal.
6. Once your event is over, make sure that you write another post about it which highlights some of the key takeaways or key lessons learned . This way, your blog's audience will know exactly why they should attend future events in the same industry.
You could even write a post about who or what companies were at your show, to further establish the event as a place where your target market can network with key influencers.
7. If you're hosting a trade show or event in order to boost engagement and generate leads from your blog's social media channels, make sure that you let people know !
One of the best ways to do this is by including a 'follow us on Twitter' or 'like us on Facebook' button on your event page. You can also include QR codes which will direct people to your social media profiles.
It is important for trade show exhibitors to promote their events through blogs, as it will increase overall awareness and attendance.
Consider blogging about your company's involvement in the event and sharing information on topics like what you'll be presenting at the trade show, why people should attend (including a list of benefits), how they can register for tickets or purchase products from your rental trade show booth, and more!
If you need help with this process our team of experts are ready and waiting to partner with you. Contact us today to learn more about our marketing services that can support your next big event
Trade shows are a fantastic way for companies to generate leads and connect with new customers. Video content can be used in trade show marketing to provide an additional level of connection that is difficult to achieve through conventional means.Video is also more likely than text or pictures to go viral, which increases the exposure exponentially. Video […]
Unique Selling Proposition – The key to success for your 20×20 Las Vegas Trade Show Rental BoothThe trade show floor is packed with competing firms vying for attendees’ attention.The difference between making large profits or being drowned out by rivals is a company’s ability to stand out as a leader in its sector.Trade show exhibitors […]
Las Vegas is a popular location for trade show exhibitors to rent 20×20 exhibit booths, and it’s easy to see why. The city has all the right ingredients for successful event management: ample space, affordable rates, and no shortage of accommodations for attendees. In this blog post we will explore 8 of our favorite designs […]